Mobed Behramji Unvalla and Mobed Nosherwan Unvalla Consecrated the Paak Dokhma of Banglore.
HISTORY form “The Bangalore Parsis”
DASTURJI NADIRSHAH P. UNVALLA
Establishing the Tower of Silence
Bangalore is known for its salubrious climate. This attracted more Parsees to come and settle here. The total number at the beginning of the 20th Century was about one or two dozen, which steadily rose to 125 by the time the Agiary was built in 1924. In 1937, the population rose to over 300.
Several immigrants were hesitant to stay on in Bangalore, as there was no facility for the disposal of the dead in the ‘Zoroastrian way’by use of Dokhma. Amongst them were Sir Hormasji Adenwalla, Seth Dinshaw Cawasji and Mr. A. D. Hakim. This prompted the Anjuman to think of constructing a Dokhma in Bangalore.
Courtesy : K F Keravala