Coming Together Roundtable – Houston – December, 2008
There are good tidings from Mumbai; The very respected and venerable old guard of BPP has stepped down to give way to new leadership, the choice of the community. We look forward to their participation and support of our future.
“Coming Together Roundtables”.
This is the first year of our operation with our Administrator, Percis Dubash of Mumbai, under the direction of Yazdi Tantra. Percis and Yazdi have issued a progress report in August 2008, which we hope you have had a chance to review. For those that are unfamiliar with the “Coming Together Roundtable” — the first Roundtable was held at the World Congress in London in 2005. Two succeeding Roundtables were held both in Mumbai in January 2007 and then in January 2008. These Roundtables bring together Zarathushtis from all over the world to dialogue and to action on issues of global import, so that our worldwide community keeps connected. It is said that “Dialogue brings minds together and action brings hearts together.”
These “Coming Together Roundtables” also act as a meeting place and conduit bringing members of our community with projects with needs for social welfare and community enhancement, with those that have resources to fulfill these needs.
The next Roundtable will be held in Houston on December 31, 2008, along with the WZCC Global AGM, hosted by the Zoroastrian Association of Houston.
We are writing to encourage all interested persons, especially those in leadership positions, to come to Houston and participate in the Roundtable proceedings. Being the first time that the Roundtable will be held in North America, we especially invite participation from USA and Canada.
The Agenda is given in the below annexure. Any interested persons may submit an item for discussion:
* Program information and addition to the agenda items should be directed to Rivetna@aol.com
* For additional information contact Rustom Engineer RustomE@comcast.net ”
Dated : November 17, 2008.
THE COMING TOGETHER ROUNDTABLE – NEXT ANNUAL MEETING
Wednesday DECEMBER 31, 2008 10:00 am TO 4:00 pm
LUNCH provided by ZAH for those who are registered
AT THE HOUSTON ZARATHUSHTI COMMUNITY CENTER
For registration and local arrangements in Houston:
Please contact Rustom Engineer email@example.com
– Benediction & Monajat
– Hamazori, Talk # 3 by Ervad Ramiyar Karanjia – Paper read.
– Introductions and Welcomes
– Roundtable Administration, discuss present setup and enhancement
– Roundtable accounts
– Review of Report by Percis Dubash, Roundtable Administrator and Yazdi Tantra
and discussion of selected discussion items.
-World Congress RFP, Criteria, selection and next venue
– COMMUNITY ENHANCEMENT PROJECTS – NEEDS vs RESOURCES
- Screening eligible Zarathushti women for Breast Cancer
- Operation Eyesight, collections for Dubai Congress
- Support for Religious Infrastructure, worldwide
- PARZOR, WZCF, K R CAMA INST., Schools, Colleges, Hospitals, Disaster Relief etc.
- Education and Medical support to Mobeds and their families – PRG
- Manuscript restorations, archives and archeological preservations
-Coordination of Interfaith activities – Parliament of World’s Religions, NAIN etc
– Zarathushti Diaspora : Duties, Rights and Privileges
-Passing the torch to the Next Generation – YLEP
-Infrastructure, worldwide – utilization of multimedia for broadcast of meeting/congresses
– Promotion of Jamshedi Navroze/Norooz as Zarathushti observance worldwide.
If time permits —– New items for information only
-Support for Zoroastrian Bank, Mumbai
-Code of Civil conduct
-Cultivation of ETHIC of collective giving
Interested persons may submit item for discussion to Rohinton Rivetna: Rivetna@aol.com
Dated : November 17, 2008.