Minority Scholarships for Health Science
DIRECTORATE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH
Govt. Dental College & Hospital Building, St.George’s Hospital Compound, Mumbai – 400 001. Tel. No. +91-22-22620361-65/22652257/59
No. DMER/Minority/2009-2010/Scholarship/Notification No.1/2010/1-A, Date: 16th February 2010
Ministry of Minority Development, Government of Maharashtra is offering the Scholarship for students pursuing Professional Health Science Courses for the economically weaker and meritorious students belonging to Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Christian, Parsi and Jain minority communities.
Applications are invited for Fresh Scholarship from all students admitted in first year to final year and Renewal of the scholarship for academic year 2009-2010.
• Eligibility and required documents: For all courses:
- Applicant should be Domicile of Maharashtra State and pass S.S.C from Maharashtra.
- Admission to the course should be through Common Entrance Test / Competitive examination /without CET.
- Applicant must have obtained minimum 50 % marks at Higher Secondary / Graduation level.
- Applicant should not avail of any other scholarship / stipend.
- The total annual income of family/guardian should not be more than 2.50 lakhs.
- For renewal, applicant must have admitted in the next year.
- 30 % seats are reserved for girts students.
• Documents to be attached with application form :
- One Copy of passport size photograph with signature pasted on Application form.
- Attested certificates of educational qualification (S.S.C. Onwards).
- Income and minority declaration – affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of minimum RS.1 0/- and income certificate from the employer, if any.
- Proof of permanent residence- Domicile Certificate/ Any other Documents issued by Gazetted Officer/Ration Card/Electricity bill/Election Card.
- For renewal of scholarship only income declaration and previous year mark sheet is to be attached along with application form.
• Courses for Scholarship:
A) Health Science Courses (Professional) :
Medical (MBBS), Dental (BDS), Ayurved (BAMS), Unani (BUMS), Homoeopathy (BHMS), Physiotherapy (BPTh), Occupational Therapy (BOTh), Audiology Speech Language & Pathology (BASLP), Prosthetic & Orthotics (BPO), Basic B.Sc. Nursing, Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing.
B) All Postgraduate courses of the above faculties.
• Procedure for Submission of Application Form:
For – (Health Sciences) courses:
The eligible aspiring candidates shall download the application form from www.dmer.org. Candidate should fill the downloaded form and submit to the respective institution alongwith all documents.
• Procedure for Scrutinizing and Forwarding Application Form (for Institutes):
Institutes shall manually scrutinize the application forms received and submit in person to the CET CELL. Directorate of Medical Education & Research. Opp. Government Dental College Building. St. George’s Hospital Campus. Near CST Railwav Station. Mumbal-400 001.
Details of the scheme, procedure to fill application form and required documents are available on website www.dmer.org.
Schedule of Activities
1. Last Date for Filling of Application Form by the Candidate – 24/02/2010
2. Scrutiny and Confirmation of application form by Institute – 26/02/2010
3. Last Date to receive the application from at DMER Office – 01/03/2010 to 04/03/201 0
4. Display of Provisional List on www.dmer.org 15/03/2010
5. Submission of Grievances if any by Fax on (022)-22652168 – 17/03/2010
6. Display of Final List on www.dmer.org 18/03/2010
The amount of scholarship, if sanctioned, shall be sent to the institute in the form of crossed cheque in the name of student.
The Application received through institute shall only be considered.