Scholarships for Minority Communities
Scholarships for Students from Minority Communities:
Students belonging to Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist and Parsi Communities, are eligible for one of the following scholarships :
Pre-metric scholarship for minority community students:
- Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students of class I to X in government or private schools including residential institutions. Financial assistance includes admission/ tuition fees and maintenance allowance.
- Students who have scored not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination, and whose parents’ !guardian’s annual income does not exceed Rs.1Iakh, will be eligible for the scholarship
Post-matric scholarship for minority community students
- Scholarship will be awarded to eligible students of minority communities from class XI upto Ph.D. and technical and vocational courses of ITIs/ ITCs (affiliated With NCVT) of class XI and XII level in government or private higher secondary schools /institutes /colleges/universities
- including residential institutes. Financial assistance includes admission/tuition fees and maintenance allowance.
Students who have scored not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination, and whose parents’/ guardian’s annual income does not exceed Rs. 2 lakh, will be eligible for the scholarship.
Merit-cum- means scholarship for minority community students
- 20,000 new scholarships for technical/professional courses at undergraduate and post graduate level will be awarded every year to meritorious students of minority communities. Financial assistance includes reimbursement of course fees* and maintenance allowance.
- The annual income of the parents/guardian should not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh from all sources. Those who have been awarded the scholarship earlier and fulfill the conditions of the scholarship can apply for renewal of scholarship for the year 2010-11.
*Full course fee in case the institute is listed under the scheme and Rs. 20,000/- for other institutes
Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority community students
- Scholarships will be awarded to students who have been registered for
regular and full time M.Phil and Ph.D as per UGC norms.
- Students who have scored at least 50% marks at post-graduate level and whose parents’/guardian’s annual income does not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh from all sources, are eligible.
• Under each scheme, 30 % of scholarships are earmarked for girls belonging to the minority communities
• Details of the schemes are available on the website of the Ministry of Minority Affairs- www.minorityaffairs.gov.in
• Please look out for the advertisement by your State Government / UT Administration and apply.
• Contact the Department dealing with Minority Welfare in your State I Union Territory.