List of countries with Zoroastrian population
The total number of currently practicing adherents of Zoroastrianism is unknown. A 2004 esitimate gives a range of 124,000 to 190,000, roughly half of them in India (theParsi and Irani groups).
Figures below are based on the Fezana Journal survey[year needed] as well as ethnographic research on the number of Parsis and other Zoroastrian ethnoreligious communities.
|United Kingdom||4,100 ||0.007|
|Persian Gulf Countries||2,200||0.005|
|World||c. 138,000||19 ppm|
- ^ According to a survey in 2004 by the Zoroastrian Associations of North America, the number of Zoroastrians worldwide was estimated at between 124,000 and 190,000. The number is imprecise because of wildly diverging counts in Iran. Goodstein, Laurie (2008-09-06). “Zoroastrians Keep the Faith, and Keep Dwindling”. The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- ^ http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/06/us/06faith.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1
- ^ Zoroastrianism Demographics
- ^ India’s 2001 Census reported 69,601 Parsi Zoroastrians.
- ^ 25,271 according to http://www.amar.org.ir/Portals/1/Iran/census-2.pdf[year needed]
- ^ 4,105 according to http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/datablog/interactive/2012/dec/11/census-religion
Courtesy : Wikipedia
You forgot Hongkong,Thailand,Malaysia and Africa has many scattered Zoroastrians Regards Neville
Pingback: India's Concerns About Declining Population Of Parsis
Pingback: India Is Worried About Declining Population Of Parsis | Issues of India
Are there people practicing Zoroastrianism in Ipoh, Malaysia.
If so what is the contact?
Yes, there is a Zoroastrian couple in Ipoh, Malaysia. Please send me a detailed email at email@example.com regarding the purpose and I will try and help you out.
There are a few Parsis like le and Iranian Zoroastrians in France.
Yes, there is a family, Dr.Kamal & Dinshaw Manecksha living in Ipoh, Malaysia