More than 5 Million Views!
5 MILLION VIEWS ……..
When we started the blog in 2007, we had no idea that we would reach 5 million hits with a community as small as ours.
Today we are overwhelmed !
We started by creating a resource base for young Zoroastrians who always complained that they do not have enough material on Religion, Culture and Social Practices. We found many resources all over the Internet which were scholarly and useful. Unfortunately, they were spread all over. Thus the idea of http://www.zoroastrians.net was born, to get as many resources as possible for the community, ALL UNDER ONE ROOF !
Over a period of time, the idea grew………… young and old, Zoroastrians and non-Zoroastrians, from all over the world, have been accessing the site for a reliable gateway to valuable Z-resources available online. We have had visitors from all over the world. India and USA top the list but surprisingly we have visitors from over 200 countries, including one from Vatican City! A PhD student from Belgium used the site for his research on how Zoroastrians apply their religion for business and a Japanese professor of Inter-Cultural Studies, from Tenri University used it as a launching pad for studies of Zoroastrian Corporations, and landed up submitting a paper on the success of Tata Consultancy Services as a Z-Corporation.
Our main focus was to do positive stuff which was non-controversial. We included food, education, matrimony, religion, rituals, navjotes and weddings, interesting galleries, news, and some fun-stuff too ! We probably have the most comprehensive collection of scholarships (both from the community and from others) in one place. Nostalgic Gujarati Songs, Monajats and some fun songs add to the fun. Parsi Recipes and tele-classes on religion are worth dying for!
For all this and more, we have to thank you, the loyal viewer! Your viewership and comments are valued and cherished.
The exciting journey continues with full support from the community and others. Bouquets and brickbats are always encouraged and welcomed – it means that we are read and relevant! Let us hear from you what YOU want next.
Looking forward, we are exploring new areas of delivery, especially through the smartphone mobile route on a multiplicity of channels and platforms. We pledge ourselves to further this labour of love, and persevere to leave behind a legacy for future generations to admire and cherish!
p.s. A brief look at our sister sites would be useful :
- www.TheParsiDirectory.com – The World’s Largest Free Listing of Parsis and Iranis with more than 84,500 listings from all over the world, which can be searched by name / location / profession. An extremely valuable resource.
- www.TheParsiInstitutions.com – Again, the World’s largest listing of Parsi Institutions. Easily searchable, citywise, lists of Agiaries, Atash Behrams, Anjumans, Associations, Clubs / Dharamshalas / Sanatoria, Hospitals / Dispensaries, Hostels, and many more.
- FREE Whatsapp/Telegram service for Uthamna all over India – for Whatsapp – just send “Subscribe Uthamna” to +919892219340 and for Telegram click on this link – https://t.me/Uthamna
- FREE Android App for Zoroastrian news across the world – More than 10,000 downloads already! Available on Android – http://bit.ly/tpdandroid and also on iOS – http://bit.ly/tpdios
- www.TheMissingParsi.com – another one-of-a kind resource, open to all who are looking for Parsis / Iranis across the world. More than 50% cases referred are solved. Goes a long way to uniting friends and family across the world.
- Our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/theparsifamily/ has more than 10,500 subscribers
Together, we reach out to more than 15,000 viewers per day through multiple channels !