Looking for Dr Cawas Naoroji Kalianiwala & Sohrabji Kalyaniwalla
I am trying to trace my Kalyaniwalla family roots. Thank you to those who kindly responded to my previous post (Looking for Mr Kalyaniwalla of Mumbai/London*) regarding my great grandfather.
I have received information on two leads, which I have detailed below. If you have any information about these people or their families please contact me (Kalyan Kingi) at WhatsApp +61402262959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr Cawas Naoroji Kalyaniwala
- His father, Naoroji Kalyaniwala, was an eminent doctor in Rajkot.
- His brother’s name was Framroze.
- He may have married an English woman, named Rose.
- The family surname may have originally been Nallaseth but changed to Kalyaniwala in about 17th Century, due to an influential lady marrying Dr Cowasji’s great great grandfather.
- Studied medicine in England
- Surgeon in Rajkot
Thank you Behramshaw (Bobby) Jal Kalianwala for information on Dr Cawas Naoroji Kalyaniwalla.
- He married Manijeh Kothavala (Ahmedabad) and they had 10 children.
- The eldest child was Freny, who studied in the UK and became a nurse.
- He had three sons: Nawzer was in the air Force; Jamshed was in the British army; and Darius.
- He studied medicine in London.
- He had a farm in Argentina which reared prize winning bulls for Kaizer Wilhelm the Second.
- He was known to have made his wealth from the stock market.
- The family suffered greatly due to the stock market crash of 1929 and he passed away not long after that.
Thank you Aban Davar for information on Sohrabji Kalyaniwalla.
*See my previous post at: https://tinyurl.com/y9bcfo9h