Erach and Roshan Sadri Foundation Academic Scholarships
WORLD ZOROASTRIAN ORGANISATION, UK
ERACH AND ROSHAN SADRI FOUNDATION ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS FOR INDIA
The Erach and Roshan Sadri Foundation Scholarship was started in 2008 to recognize academic excellence and provide support to Zoroastrian students pursuing meaningful courses of study in University or Vocational Programs at recognised well established institutions in India. From 2012 onwards, it has been decided to include additional academic and vocational disciplines in which support would be considered, as well as remove certain disciplines that were hitherto supported.
1. Zoroastrians who are enrolled or applied as full-time students in a college, university or other recognised institutions in India.
2. Grants to recipients will be made one time only with a possibility of one renewal.
Scholastic achievement 40%, Financial need 40%, Extra Curricular activities 10%, Community service 10%
In total, 3 copies of the completed application form and attachments must be submitted.
Application forms available upon request from WZO Trust or may be downloaded from the WZO website, http://www.w-z-o.org. However the completed application along with attachments must be sent to the WZO Trust at the address given. It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that their applications are complete in all respects. Incomplete applications will be rejected and filed without further intimation.
1. Priority will be given to candidates pursuing specialised degree courses such as in Medical stream (MBBS, Dentistry, Homeopathy etc.), Physiotherapy, Pharmacy (from selected Colleges), Technology and Engineering in various sub disciplines, Architecture, Designs (including Industrial as well as Fashion), Chemical Engineering, Hotel & Hospitality Management, MBA and so on. Applications from candidates pursuing degree courses in Arts, Commerce & Science streams for B.A., B.Sc., and B.Com, will not be considered.
2. Pursuit of vocational training in disciplines such as Health and social care, retail and distribution, hair and beauty, food, catering, hospitality and leisure services, interior decoration, art and design, media, hospitality, performing arts, sports and Indian Public Services, Indian Administrative Services etc will also be encouraged and supported.
3. Financial support will also be considered for candidates with good academic record, enrolled in established coaching classes in preparation for entrance examination to prestigious institutes such as IIT’s.
Applications are considered on merit alone. There is no discrimination between eligible students with one or both parents who are born Zoroastrians. Applications are evaluated by a committee appointed by WZO Trust and are judged on academic accomplishments, program of study, appraiser’s evaluations and general impressions from the application form. Decision of the WZO Trust will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Applicants canvassing or soliciting favourable consideration of their applications will be summarily rejected.
Applications received after 15th August 2012 may not be considered.
Completed applications must be sent to: WZO TRUST “Sadri Scholarship” SHANTI, 5th Floor, 6, Banaji Street, Fort, Mumbai 400 001.