Daily Zoroastrian Prayers – Khordeh Avesta

Daily Zoroastrian prayers recorded (from the Khorda Avesta)

Prayer Recited by
Hoshbam Ervad Soli Dastur Download Dawn
Deen No Kalmo Ervad Soli Dastur Download
Khwarshed Niyayesh Ervad Soli Dastur Download Litany to the Sun
Mihr Niyayesh Ervad Soli Dastur Download Litany to Mithra
Nam Stayishn Ervad Soli Dastur Download
Mah Niyayesh Ervad Soli Dastur Download Litany to the Moon
Aban Niyayesh (Ardvisur Niyayesh) Ervad Soli Dastur Download Litany to the Waters
Atash Niyayesh Ervad Soli Dastur Download Litany to the Fire
Namaz-i chahar nemag Ervad Soli Dastur Download Praise to the four directions
Sarosh Yasht Vadi Nirang Ervad Soli Dastur Download Often recited before sleep
Doa Tan-Dorosti Ervad Soli Dastur Download Prayer of blessing
101 Names of God Ervad Soli Dastur Download
Geh Saarnaa prayer Ervad Soli Dastur Download This prayer is part of the funeral service. For more information, see article by Firoze Jungalwala and Farhad Panthaki.
Farokhshi prayer Ervad Soli Dastur Download For more information see articles by Ervad Ratanshah R. Motafram, compiled by Rohinton G.N. Panthaky and by J. J. Modi.
Sanskrit Ashirwad Ervad Soli Dastur Download More details.
Pazand Ashirwad with Afrin Buzorgaan and Doa Tandoorasti Ervad Soli Dastur Download More details.
Vispa Humata Ervad Soli Dastur Download More details.
Patet Pashemaani Ervad Soli Dastur Download Prayer of repentance
Patet Rawaan Ni Ervad Soli Dastur Download Prayer of repentance
Satum Kardaa Ervad Soli Dastur Download Prayer of praise for the dead. See also accompanying booklet

Yashts (hymns)

Prayer Recited by
Ohrmazd Yasht (Hymn to Ahura Mazda) Ervad Soli Dastur Download
Ardwahisht (Ardibehesht) Yasht (Hymn to the Highest Asha) Ervad Soli Dastur Download
Aban Yasht (Hymn to the waters) — part 1 Ervad Soli Dastur Download
Aban Yasht — part 2 Ervad Soli Dastur Download
Aban Yasht — part 3 Ervad Soli Dastur Download
Aban Yasht — part 4 Ervad Soli Dastur Download
Srosh Yasht Haadokht Ervad Soli Dastur Download
Srosh Yasht Vadi Ervad Soli Dastur Download

Jashan Service (Afrinagan)

Ervad Soli P. Dastur has graciously recorded the following prayers from the Afrinagan (Jashan) service.

Prayer Recited by
1. Dibache Dadar Ohrmazd Karda Ervad Soli Dastur Download
2. Dadar Ohrmazd Karda Ervad Soli Dastur Download
3. Afrinagan-e Dahman Karda Ervad Soli Dastur Download
4. Afrinagan-e Srosh Karda Ervad Soli Dastur Download
5. Afrin-e Ardafrawash Ervad Soli Dastur Download
6. Afrin-e Buzorgan Ervad Soli Dastur Download
7. Afrin-e Haft Ameshaspand Ervad Soli Dastur Download

Courtesy :  http://www.avesta.org/mp3/index.html

14 thoughts on “Daily Zoroastrian Prayers – Khordeh Avesta

• Roossi Talati says:

An Athornan who cannot pronounce Yatha Ahu Vairyo correctly.
      Pl. do not spread/circulate incorrect knowledge/information.
      Correct pronouciations are are the essence of our prayers because our prayers are based on vibrations theory & that is why they are to be prayed loudly (ofcourse, without disturbing others around).

1. Yezdyar Kaoosji says:

Thank you! I just hope the day comes soon when the prayers are recited in a language we all understand and comprehend. The parroting in an archaic language, however musical and poetic, does little to enhance the understanding of the faith!

• Roossi Talati says:

Gentleman, please put in efforts to understand meanings. They are available. These are mantras which cannot be in common-parlence.
      One devots 4/5 years to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree. Please​, devote some years to study Zarathushtrianism.

• Yezdyar Kaoosji says:

Please understand the purpose of my comments before lecturing me about what you want me to do.

• Roossi Talati says:

Kaoosji, i am sorry that u got offended by my good advise (& not a lecture) given with good intentions. I wonder what offended u ! U have yet not desclosed the purpose of your comment. Pl. do.

• Yezdyar Kaoosji says:

Mr. Talati, Sorry for the delay in response. I normally do not follow social media very closely, and came across your comment while cleaning up my gmail. My comment is simple. A prayer should be in a language that one understands and uses in communication. For example, the Christian ‘Lord’s Prayer’ is used in as many languages as the Bible has been translated into. Knowing the meaning via study of translations is different from praying what one understands. The current situation places the devotee in either a parrot role pronouncing words they do not understand, or an audience role, listening to a rhytmic tone of words one does not understand in communicative terms. I may add being witness many times to comments that the mobed is racing through words and ‘may ‘ be skipping lines etc. Not a very conducive situation for prayer, that I believe should come both from the heart and the brain. Words should be uttered with meaning. That is my simple position.

2. khorshed bhaskar says:

I will be deeply grateful if u can advise me where i can buy a cd of our prayers. I am now a senior citizen and wish to rediscover all the prayers. Thank you ever so much in adv for your kind help Sincerely Khorshed Bhaskar. Nee Elavia

3. Hoofrish says:

Thank you for the effort taken to hear our prayers but one HUMATANAM cannot be played or downloaded. If someone can guide me I would be highly obliged.

4. Farida says:

It is said that the “Pen is mighter than the sword” but, Power of Prayers are mightier than the pen & the sword!

5. Eric Nadirshaw Patel says:

I am trying to download all these prayers on my PC and I want to send to my niece in USA who wants the same for her children to hear the prayers for their navjotes. But SInce half an hour i tried to click download one by one, but the audio starts the prayers but I cannot download or save on my PC. Please advise me and help me to download all these prayers. Please reply. God bless you….

• yazdi says:

Please right-click on the link and the option to save will be available. If you send the original post link to your niece, she will be able to download herself. Best Wishes

6. Anahita Kavina says:

This is an awesome website. Many thanks to all those who took the efforts for compiling all our Zoroastrian prayers under the same roof. A huge help to those who wish to hear/ download prayers at a click. Also a good, useful reference for our future generations to come.