Dadabhai Naoroji Scholarships


Trustees of the Parsi Punchayet Bombay and Trustees of Jamshed & Shirin Guzder Trust (through the Parsi Punchayet Bombay) have initiated two Scholarships each (i.e. 4 in all) called DR. DADABHAI NAOROJI SCHOLARSHIPS of Rs. 2,000/- each per annum per Scholarship for the year 2012-2013 for Parsi Zoroastrian boys and girls who have secured 80% and above in aggregate (NOT Best of 5 subjects) of any recognized Std. X Examination, such as S.S.C., I.C.S.E, C.B.S.E., or any other equivalent recognized examination passed in March 2012. Two of the above Scholarships of the Bombay Parsi Punchayet are reserved for students who have preferably taken up Arts Faculty, whereas the other two Scholarships from Jamshed & Shirin Guzder Trust are open to students from any faculty i.e. Arts, Commerce and Science. The criteria of eligibility for all the 4 Scholarships is the same. College Admission proof of joining a College starting from June 2012 will have to be produced by the applicants.

Applications should be forwarded to Mr. C. S. Panthaki. Sr. Executive (Welfare), Bombay Parsi Punchayet, 209, Dr. D. N. Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400 001, latest by August 16, 2012. Those awardees who continue to achieve similar excellence during subsequent academic years will be eligible, on application being made, to receive the Scholarship from year to year, till completion of their Graduation. The desired candidates should either collect the requisite application form from
Mrs. B. P. Dastur Asstt. Executive, Bombay Parsi Punchayet, Iii‘ 209, Dr. D. N. Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400 001,
or write to the Bombay Parsi Punchayet with a self addressed envelope requesting for the application form by post or download from website: (download section ).
Please note incomplete applications, including non-submission of required enclosures, would not be entertained.

One comment

  • I am Adil Mistry, a resident of Ahmednagar. I wanted some information regarding scholarships being given for PhD programmes. I am currently selected for my PhD from Pune University in Clinical Psychology and want to apply to different panchayats. But I don’t have any idea which ones help PhD scholars. It would be great if you could help me out with it. Thank you

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.