Women’s Rights are Human Rigjhts
Meet the beneficiaries:
Nouko and Rakhina come from Arunachal Pradesh. These tribal girls love math and science but their parents could not afford to educate them. So IDRF sent them to rigorous school run by our partner Shiksha Bharati in UP. They share a hostel with 64 Northeastern classmates, where they study art, play sports, and gain personal and vocational skills.
Beli was struggling feed and educate her children with her husband’s meager wages. But thanks to a microcredit loan from IDRF and business training from our partner ERDS, she started a grocery store and doubled her family’s income. She is just one of 500 impoverished
women who have overcome gender discrimination and become entrepreneurs in rural West Bengal.
Attend the play:
- 2:30 pm, Sunday, June 8
- Jewish Community Center, 6125 Montrose Rd, Rockville, MD
- Tickets: $15 general, $25 priority, $10 students and seniors (with valid ID), $100 for 2 reserved front row seats*
- online at www.natyabharati.org/shop.html#tickets
- mail a check to “Sahara Group, Inc.” to Sahara, 9003 Friars Rd, Bethesda, MD 20817 before June 2
- call Suma Muralidhar at (301) 530-5057
This is an opportunity to enjoy Indian-American theater in English while supporting a great cause. We hope you’ll join the IDRF family at this event!
* Amount in excess of the normal ticket price may be tax-deductible.