Annual Pluralism Project Photo Contest
Harvard University: Annual Pluralism Project Photo Contest
We invite you to participate in our fourth annual Pluralism Project Photo Contest. We are looking for high-resolution digital images that convey the vibrancy of religious diversity and interreligious encounter in the USA. We are particularly interested in images in the following categories:
- Religious practices and rituals
- Religious centers, including festivals, center openings, and parades
- Participation of religious groups in American civic life
- Interfaith encounter or social action
- Women’s leadership and participation
- Emerging leadership within Hindu, Muslim, and Sikh communities
- Images of the Atheist/Humanist, Bahá’í, Confucian, Daoist, Jain, Native American, Shintō, Unitarian Universalist, and Zoroastrian communities in the USA
One grand-prize winner will be selected; the winning photographer will receive a $250 cash prize and an extended exposure in the spotlight on our homepage, pluralism.org.
All winning photos may be featured in the online publication, On Common Ground: World Religions in America (pluralism.org/ocg), on the Pluralism Project website, or on the Pluralism Project Facebook Page and Twitter account. The photographer’s name will be cited.
In order to participate, you must:
- be the photographer of the image
- grant the Pluralism Project rights to use the image on our website
- have the permission of those persons in the picture, if applicable
Entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com by 5 PM on December 31, 2014. Photos should be sent as an attachment. Please put “contest” in the subject line.
In the body of the email, please include:
- your name and title
- relationship to the Pluralism Project, if any
- addresses – mailing and email
- phone number
- a brief caption, including location of the image(s), when the image(s) was/were taken, and what is happening (2-3 sentences)
Information is also available at: http://pluralism.org/pages/contest