BPP Announces Elections
BOMBAY PARSI PUNCHAYET ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE FOR A TRUSTEE ELECTION UNDER THE UNIVERSAL ADULT FRANCHISE SCHEME
Owing to the resignation of Trustee Mr. Noshir H. Dadrawalla an Election for a post of the Trustee of the Bombay Parsi Punchayet will be held as per the below-mentioned Election Schedule.
As per Clause No. 14 of the Scheme for Election, any person who shall at the time of Election be a member of the Parsi Community, of not less than 30 years of age (this restriction of age does not apply to any Candidate who has attained the age of 25 years and whom a majority of not less than 2/3rds of the members of the Anjuman Committee desire to be so exempted, by a written requisition to the Trustees) and who shall have been Proposed and Seconded by members of the Anjuman committee i.e. General Member or Donor Member, are eligible to stand as Candidates.
Such candidates have to fill in the prescribed form (available from Bombay Parsi Punchayet’s Office), accompanied by a cash deposit of Rs.5,000/-. The deposit shall stand forfeited, if the Candidates fail to secure atleast 5% of the total votes cast at such an election.
All those members on the General Register and Donor Register, who have so far not collected their Certificates, are requested to collect their respective Certificates to be eligible to exercise their franchise.
If the Certificate has been lost or destroyed, members on the General Register and Donor Register can apply on or before 16-6-2011 for a duplicate certificate, application for which has to be filled in a prescribed form along with payment of a fee of Rs. 10/-. As per the scheme in force, Members on the General Register and Donor Register will be allowed to vote only on production of their respective Certificates. No duplicate Certificates will be issued and / or collection of original certificates permitted after 16-6-2011 including on the Election days at the Polling Centres.
The Registers are frozen as on 26-4-2011 (at 5.30 p.m.). Only those Members, whose names appear on the General Register and the Donor Register,as on 26-4-2011, will have voting right at the forthcoming Election.
If nomination is received from only one candidate, in accordance with the sanctioned Scheme, such candidate will be declared duly elected.
(1) A member can exercise his/her voting right at any of the Centres and dates specified above.
(2) Certificates collected on production of Authority Letters by a third party should have the member’s signature duly attested either by a Notary or Special Executive Officer. Members whose certificates are not attested will not be allowed to vote.
(3) In case of there being a tie, in the number of vote cast between two Candidates, Rule 210 (xv) of the Scheme would apply and the date of the result would be deferred by 4 days. in such an event the declaration of the result on the Notice Board of the B.P.P. would be declared on 11-7-2011 and same would be published in the Newspapers on 12-7-2011.
(4) Members of the General & Donor Register who have been issued two or more separate certificates (one issued earlier and the other taken again subsequently) can vote only once and only one certificate will be treated as valid.
(5) Voters have to elect one Trustee by placing a cross against only one name on the Ballot Paper that will be supplied to them. If more than one cross is affixed against any name, the entire Ballot Paper will become invalid. Similarly, if crosses are affixed against more than one candidate such Ballot Papers will also be treated as invalid. Any identification mark other than a cross will invalidate the Ballot Paper.
(6) As per Clause 4(d) of the Scheme for the Election of the Trustee each Donor Member vote would be counted/treated as two votes. However, the donors have to affix only one cross against their selected name of the candidates.
(7) Voters should note that only those certificates bearing the caption ‘General Register’ or ‘Donor Register’ would be treated as valid.
In the event of there being more than one candidate,
Election will be conducted as per the Schedule given hereunder
SCHEDULE OF ELECTION
- Availability of final List of Members on the General / Donor Register 9-5-2011
Nomination Form for Trustee’s Election will be issued and accepted from 9-5-2011
Last date for filing Nominations to Trustee’s Election 17-5-2011
- Last date for withdrawal of Nomination 25-5-2011
- Publishing of the names of candidates in Newspapers 29-5-2011
- Last date for collection of Member Certificate or its Duplicate 16-6-2011
- Election dates at five centers from 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.i) Khareghat Colony, Hughes Road 19-6-2011
ii) Cusrow Baug, Colaba 25-6-2011
iii) Rustom Baug, Byculla 26-6-2011
iv) Dadar Parsi Gymkhana 2-7-2011
v) Bharucha Baug, Andheri (W) 3-7-2011
- Declaration of Election results by Scrutinizer & President latest by 7-7-2011
- Result to be published on the Notice Board of the Bombay Parsi Punchayet latest by 7-7-2011
- Result to be published in Newspapers latest by 8-7-2011
It is further notified that the full list of registered members on the General and Donor Register eligible to vote for the forthcoming Trustee Election is available on the Web and members can verify their enrollment or otherwise on the net address which is www.bppvoterslist.org
By order of the Trustees
(M. P. Colah)
Bombay Parsi Punchayet