A Journey Through Time …. The Zoroastrians
“A Journey Through Time …. The Zoroastrians”
“A Journey Through Time …. The Zoroastrians”, a Frohar Foundation and Frohar Films initiative, brings you an opportunity to learn about the history, heritage, culture, legacy and religion of this small but vibrant and important Community.
Designed & Conceptualized and organized by Ervad Cyrus Dastoor, Founder & Director of Frohar Films and Trustee of Forhar Foundation, this four-day annual exhibition showcases some very significant events in the history of Zoroastrianism and its heritage.
This initiative began with the Tele-serial, Humata Hukhta Hvrashta, produced by Frohar Films, which is now being aired on DD-11 Girnar – (Doordarshan Ahmedabad) every Sundays at 12.30 noon. With over 125 episodes, this Tele-serial has made Zoroastrians and non-Zoroastrians understand the many aspects of the religion, its history, culture, customs, rites and rituals.
This exhibition, “A Journey Through Time …. The Zoroastrians”, compliments the Tele-serial Humata Hukhta Hvarshta, by showcasing these various aspects in the form of 3-D models, audio-visuals, texts etc. displayed over a large area for everyone to visit and take their time in absorbing the multitude of information.
“A Journey Through Time …. The Zoroastrians”,, is a unique exhibition covering :
- The history of the Zoroastrian Kings of Iran
- King Cyrus the great – Charter of Human Rights.
- Various Iranian Dynasties
- The story of Prophet Zarathushtra
- Journey from Iran to India
- The Agreement with Jadav Rana of Sanjan
- The Shahnameh of Firdausi Toosi
- The famous love story of Bizan-Manijeh
- Rites and rituals covering Jashan, Wedding, Navjote, Death and After-Death ceremonies, Navar, Martab, Yasna, Vandidad, Nirangdin, etc.
- Model depicting the inside of our fire temple (Agiary) which houses the sacred fire
- Model depicting our Tower of Silence (Dokhma)
- Audio-visuals from the Tele-serial “Humata Hukhta Hvrashta” produced by Frohar Films.
“A Journey Through Time …. The Zoroastrians”,, opens with a preview on Thursday , 5th April 2012 at
6.30 pm. The exhibition will be inaugurated by Mr. Nadir Godrej – Managing Director , Godrej Industries Ltd.
It will be on view from Friday 6th April to Sunday 8th April, 2012 (daily 11.30 am to 8.00 pm)
There will be various entertainment performances daily from 6.30 pm onwards.
“INTER RELIGIOUS DIALOGUE” –[By the speakers from Various Religions of India] on Saturday, 7th April 2012 at 11.30 a.m.
Venue : Albless Baug, Charni Road, Girgaum, Mumbai.
Entry is Free and open to members of all communities, irrespective of caste, creed or religion.
The event will end with a GRAND FINALE and a contributory Parsi Dinner on Sunday 8th April, 2012.
Come and enlighten yourselves about the Parsi Zoroastrians, their religion, their history, their culture and their rituals.
For further details please contact the Frohar Foundation office on : 65069313 / 22000831
Email : email@example.com