FEZANA 6WZYC2015 Subsidy Program
Federation Of Zoroastrian Associations Of North America
FEZANA 6WZYC2015 Subsidy Committee
Fezana SUBSIDY for Young Zarathushtis to attend
6th World Zoroastrian Youth Congress 2015
- US$ 20,000 have been approved by FEZANA to provide subsidies to 40 (Forty) Zarathushti youth from USA & Canada to attend the 6th World Zoroastrian Youth Congress (6WZYC2015) in Auckland, New Zealand in December 2015.
- FEZANA will provide a subsidy of $500 per person.
- Member associations are encouraged to match or exceed the FEZANA subsidy of $500 per person.
- Composition of FEZANA 6WZYC2015 Subsidy Committee (Committee):
- Chair: Saghar Javanshir – FEZANA Secretary
- Representatives from Member Associations: Mahrukh Motafram (ZSWS), Sherazade Mehta (ZANT), Tashan Mistree-Byramji (ZAPANJ) and Zain Mavalvalla (ZSBC).
Recipients of this SUBSIDY must be:
a.) Individuals practicing the Zarathushti faith
b.) Citizens, legal residents holding status in USA or Canada
c.) Young Zarathushtis between the ages of 15 to 35 years*.
d.) Have already registered to attend the 6WZYC in Auckland, New Zealand.
Criteria For Judging
- Meet the Eligibility Criteria as above.
- Essay – Applicants can write their essays on one of the following 5 topics in less than 500 words.
Please note: THIS IS NOT A CONTEST.
- What inspires today’s youth to see no personal boundaries-breaking barriers to achieve their full potential?
- Symbolism in Zoroastrianism
- How do today’s youth inculcate a sense of pride about being a Zoroastrian?
- Zoroastrianism and the Green Initiative
- Participation at local Association events and religious education classes.
- Participation in ZYNA and/or other youth organizations; or in interfaith and community service activities.
- Attendance at NA Zarathushti &/or World Youth/ Adult Congresses in the past.
- FEZANA member associations are requested to appoint a point person for contact and put out a call to all their individual members and request completed applications (including essays) of those who have registered for the 6WZYC2015 to be submitted to the Committee.
- Youth planning to attend 6WZYC must submit application (including essay) and proof of registration to the Committee (May 10, 2015).
- The Committee will review, evaluate and prepare a list of recommended awardees and forward it to FEZANA President (June 7, 2015).
- Winners to be announced by FEZANA President (June 10, 2015).
- The application will contain a sign off statement that the applicant is a Zarathushti between 15 and 35 years of age; and will return the subsidy amount to FEZANA in case of failure to attend the 6WZYC for any reason.
Application form will be available on the FEZANA website (as of March 25) or by email from the members of the Subsidy Committee.
The application form with proof of registration to the 6WZYC2015 along with all attachments (including essay), must be submitted by May 10, 2015 to:
FEZANA – Subsidy Committee
Email: sherazadem ( @ ) yahoo.com
EMAIL: sjbehroozi ( @ _)verizon.net