NOWRUZ 2017: THE PERSIAN NEW YEAR FESTIVAL
Saturday, March 18, 2017
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Free with Museum Admission
Visit the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, to celebrate Nowruz—the Persian New Year, and welcome the first signs of spring! Learn about Nowruz traditions and explore Persian works of art in the galleries. Enjoy artist demonstrations, music, dance, art and more throughout the day. #mfaBoston #nowruz
- View a Haft Seen display—a key element of Nowruz celebrations—designed by Farzaneh Fallah-Sohy and Mostafa Masomi.
- Experience the beauty of the diverse cultures of Iran through Persian classical and modern dance performed by the Aftab Dance Group.
- Explore the Museum’s collection of ancient Iranian and Persian art and discover Islamic Highlights on a tour or a talk.
- Join Davood Shahin as he demonstrates the fine art of Persian calligraphy in Shapiro Family Courtyard.
- Listen to Shooka Afshar and her ensemble perform as they bring the spirit of Iranian folk tunes to life.
- Be inspired to create your own masterpieces and drop in on an array of art-making activities the whole family will enjoy.
Check back for additional details.
All events are free with Museum admission.
Presented with support from Azi Djazani, Mahmood Malihi, and Azita Bina and Elmar Seibel.