TODAY IS MEHERGAN – MEHER ROJ MEHER MAH
* Meher is one of the more prominent Yazads in the Zoroastrian religion. He is one of the few Yazads mentioned by name (Avesta – aokhto namano yazatahe) and who is one of the three Yazatas who finds a place among the Ameshaspands in the names of the 12 months of the Zoroastrian calendar.
* The Meher Yasht, dedicated to Meher Yazad, is one of the longest of all Yashts.
* Meher Yazad is chiefly associated with light. He looks after all cosmic light, including the light from the sun. In this role, He is closely associated with Khorshed Yazad (who looks after the Sun). That is why Khorshed and Meher Nyaishnas are always recited together.
* Meher Yazad presides over relationships, especially love. When one is wronged in a relationship, one can seek redress from Meher Yazad.
* Meher Yazad is respectfully referred to as Meher Davar, that is, Meher the Judge. He is one of the Divine Judges of the heavenly tribunal.
By Er. Dr. Ramiyar P. Karanjia
Thank you dear Ervad Ramiyar and dear Yazdi.
Yes the article was very nice and helpful. Thanks.
Percy F Sumariwalla
Very Good Info on our Zarthushthi Culture
Thanks explained in simple words so easily understood and ingrained.