FULLY RENOVATED IRANSHAH REOPENS TODAY
Today is an auspicious day – Hormaz Roj Amardad Mah, when our Iranshah Atash Behram reopens. The Iranshah Atash Behram building in Udvada, which was constructed nearly 130 years ago in 1894, and the other structures in the complex required extensive restoration and conservation work. Shapoorji Pallonji And Company Pvt. Ltd. undertook the restoration.
The Shapoorji Pallonji team acted as an anchor for the restoration project. A detailed examination was conducted for vulnerabilities on the structures, by a team of experts from various fields. It was discovered that the Atash Behram building and other structures in the complex had undergone many changes over the last century, which were not part of the original architectural intent.
A meticulous restoration plan was then prepared to strengthen the structural stability and restore the architectural intent of the buildings in the Atash Behram complex as originally envisaged.
The Iranshah Atash Behram, which housed the revered Iranshah since October 31, 1894, was constructed originally with the generous contribution of Bai Motlibai Manockjee Wadia, daughter of late Jehangirjee Nasserwanjee Wadia, in memory of her husband, late Manockjee Naorojee Wadia.
May Iranshah’s blessings be upon us!
- Jehangir Bisney