Nisaba Godrej will take over as the executive chairperson of the Godrej Consumer Products from her father Adi Godrej.
Nisaba Godrej will take over as the executive chairperson of the Godrej Consumer Products from her father Adi Godrej. Godrej Group patriarch Adi Godrej stepped down from the post and the Godrej Consumer Products Ltd (GCPL) decided to name his daughter Nisaba Godrej for the post of the executive chairperson. Nisaba will take over as the company’s chairperson on May 10. The 75-year-old Adi Godrej will assume the Chairman Emeritus position.
- Nisaba Adi Godrej is also known as Nisa.
- After completing primary education from The Cathedral & John Connon School, Nisaba Godrej completed her Bachelor of Science (BSc) from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
- Nisaba Godrej holds Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from Harvard Business School.
- Nisa has been part of the GCPL board since 2011.
- Nisaba initiated Project Leapfrog in 2007, which helped the Godrej group to grow in the domestic market and also expand outside India.
- The company expanded to UK, Indonesia, Latin America and Africa under Nisaba’s Project Leapfrog.
- Nisa has overseen various projects in, innovation, strategy and HR for Godrej Industries and its associate companies.
- Nisaba is married to Kalpesh Mehta and has a son.