Specific prayers for specific needs
Are there any specific prayers linked to various needs like seeking help in sickness etc.?
- by Ramiyar Karanjia
* The primary aim of prayer in any religion is to elevate the mind and awaken the soul. This automatically gives rise to other beneficial effects like peace, health and happiness.
* Zoroastrian prayers are also a great source of health and healing. In the Ardibahesht Yasht, where five types of healings are mentioned, healing by prayers is listed as the highest type of healing since it heals from within. Apart from health and healing, prayers are helpful for other aspects of life too, for instance there are prayers for success, courage and confidence.
* The following are some main prayers for specific purposes:
- Khorshed and Meher Nyash for intellect and spiritual energy;
- Mah Bokhtar Nyash for peace of mind, psychological problems, depression, lunacy, at the time of surgery and for recovery after surgery;
- Atash Nyash for seeking help from the sacred fire;
- Hormazd Yasht for positive energy and wellbeing;
- Haptan Yasht for any general planetary problems and afflictions;
- Ardibahesht Yasht for general health, wellbeing, immunity and recovery from fever and other general illnesses;
- Khordad Yasht for employment, job and career;
- Avan Ardvisur Nyash and Avan Yasht for issues related to conception, child birth, menstruation and urinary tract problems;
- Tir Yasht for eye strength and eye related problems.
Courtesy : Jame Jamshed – 261221
Thanks for enlightening us for the goodess of our soul.
Prayer for good in study
The very first pair (Khorhed and Meher) should make it clear, why it is daily “Farjyat for everyone.” It is an essential gateway to the remaining Yashts .It explains why Ervads achieve academic and professional excellence as they chant them regularly and ferquently, by memory .It is also the answer for all our youth who often ask “exam ne vaste soon bhanvoo joiye.” Thank you Er.Karanjia.
Thank you Er. Ramyad Karanjia for the above explanation. Very interesting and informative.
This is Perviz Havewalla, Rustom Havewalla’s wife this side.
We always enjoy your speeches, try not to miss them as far as possible.
Thank you once again, good luck and God bless.
great knowledge achieved about different prayers
Thank you.It will be very helpful.
I believe, Behram Yast is for victory over all odds.