Thanks to all those who participated in the above Webinar. Special thanks to
- Farrokh Mistree, L.A. Comp Chair, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, USA, farrokh.Mistree@ou.edu
- Farrokh Rustomjee, Chief Executive, R. D. Sethna Scholarship Fund, Esplanade House, 29, Hazarimal Somani Marg, Fort, Mumbai-400001, Tel: 022-22077044; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.rdsethnascholarships.org
- Neville Shroff, The Incorporated Zoroastrian Charity Funds of Hongkong, Canton and Macao, email@example.com
- T J Ravishankar, J. N. Tata Endowment, Mulla House, 4thfloor, 51, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort, Mumbai-400001. Tel:022-66657643, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- M George – Vice President, Paras Education Foundation, 4th floor, Khetan Bhavan, J. Tata Road, Churchgate, Mumbai-400020, Web: www.isloan.org Tel: 022-22831637, Email: email@example.com Mobile: 9830043381
who lucidly explained the details. All participants greatly benefited and expressed satisfaction at the takeaways from the session.
At the peak, we had 33 participants and the presentations were smooth and ran without a glitch.
For the benefit of all, here is the recording of the session :
And here is Farrokh Mistree’s presentation – ZFN_FinanceWebinar_062318
Mr. Khurshed Batliwala emphasized on education as a means of knowledge and not employment. He also talked about doing things differently and having faith in our decisions even if they go against the flow. “Twenty five years ago no one had heard of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. The whole world stood on the other side and said you are mad. I said yes, but I am happy. Be happy don’t compromise on that. You have dreams, you have visions, you have hopes don’t let people around you kill that for you. And that’s an idea worth spreading” With a postgraduate degree in Mathematics from I.I.T., Bombay, Khurshed Batliwala is a senior faculty at the Art of Living. Mr. Batliwala is a firm believer in the power of self-identified aspirations and this led him to follow an unconventional and challenging career path. He has been instrumental in designing the Youth Empowerment Seminar (YES!+) series that inspires the youth to break free from the shackles of society expectations and follow their dreams courageously. With this course he aims to propagate the vision of the Art of Living, which is to see a smile on every face on the planet. A blend of intellect and innocence, mind-blowing wit yet unconditional warmth, he continues to be a favourite among youth, and is committed to utilizing every moment of his time in enriching the lives of people around. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
The FEZANA Scholarship Program was started in 1998 to recognize academic excellence and provide Zarathushti students in university programs financial assistance to study at institutions in the U.S & Canada
Applications are invited for the following FEZANA ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS
- Mehraban and Morvorid Kheradi Endowment Scholarship for Academic Excellence: The FEZANA Scholar
- FEZANA 25th Anniversary Endowment Scholarship For Academic Excellence
- Morvarid Guiv Endowment Scholarships
- Purvez and Aban Rustomji Endowment Scholarship
- Banoobai and Maneckshaw Kapadia Endowment Scholarship for Financial Assistance
- Dr Minocher Rustom Vesuna and Dowlat Minocher Vesuna WZO Canada Endowed Scholarships
- Sheroo Darabsha Kolsawala Endowed Scholarship
- Jerry and Celete Kheradi 30th Anniversary Endowed scholarship for Graduate students
- The 30th Anniversary Alumni Scholarship
- Yasmin and Shapur Pavri Endowed Scholarship
- Villy and Homi Gandhi Endowed Scholarship
All scholarships are open to Zarathushti applicants who have obtained admission for attendance at institutions of higher learning (accredited degree-granting colleges or universities) in USA or Canada.
Scholarships for the academic year 2018-2019 will be awarded in September 2018.
Applicants MUST BE:
- US or Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents Zarathushtis who are enrolled or applied as full-time students in a college, university or other institutions in the United States or Canada.
- Non-US/Canada Zarathushtis must be enrolled in an institution for 1 year or 2 semesters.
DOCUMENTS TO BE PROVIDED AS PART OF APPLICATION
All applicants need to provide the following
- Past academic records and accomplishments (see below)
- Program of study
- Annual financial need including assistance already pledged by other funds, charitable institutions or the institution of choice
- Other financial assistance available from family and friends
- Community service including contributions to Zarathushti functions and organizations
- Three Reference letters to be emailed directly by the referee to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proof of expected tuition expenses, viz: fee receipt or page from college catalog
- Proof of housing expenses like rent receipt or dorm fees from college catalog
- Any other relevant documents (Please specify)
Undergraduates to provide:
- For undergraduates – transcripts of high school and college courses (past 4 years only)
- For undergraduates – test scores for any standardized tests taken (SAT, ACT, AP or IB Score
Graduates to provide
- All undergraduate transcripts
- For graduate students we need GMAT/GRE, transcripts of any graduate courses completed (this is for students who have already completed 1 graduate degree)
FEZANA SCHOLARSHIP Scholastic achievement 40%, Financial needs 40%, Extra Curricular activities 10%, Community service 10%
The Mehraban and Morvorid Kheradi Endowment Scholarship of $5000 and the 25th anniversary FEZANA Scholarship will be awarded for Academic Excellence 80%; Extra Curricular activities 10%, Community service 10%
The Purvez and Aban Rustomji Endowed Scholarship of $5000 will be awarded to a qualified undergraduate student who demonstrates financial need and academic achievement
The Morvarid Guiv Endowed Scholarships of $1000 will be awarded to one graduate and one undergraduate student who demonstrates financial need together with academic excellence
Dr Minocher Rustom Vesuna and Dowlat Minocher Vesuna WZO Canada Endowed Scholarships will be awarded to a graduate and an undergraduate student with good academic standing who demonstrates financial need.
Sheroo Darabshaw Kolsawala WZO Canada Endowed Scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate student with good academic standing who demonstrates financial need.
Yasmin and Shapur Pavri Endowed scholarship will be awarded to a qualified undergraduate student who demonstrates financial need and academic achievement
Applications are evaluated by a committee appointed by FEZANA and are judged on academic accomplishments, program of study, appraiser’s evaluations, answers to the essay question, and general impressions from the application form.
Awards to recipients will be made one time only with a possibility of one renewal. The award will be effective in September of the year. Awards for the year will be determined each year.
All applications are to be filed ONLINE only.
For any questions please email Dr Dolly Dastoor at email@example.com
Deadline to apply is August 01, 2018
The online form will allow you to start filling out the form and then save it to continue later. To use that ability, you will have to scroll all the way down to the end of the form.
The following need to be attached:
- Transcripts of high school and college courses (past 4 years only)
- For Graduates we need Undergraduate transcripts
- For undergraduates we need test scores for any standardized tests taken (SAT, ACT, AP or IB Scores)
- Proof of expected tuition expenses, viz: fee receipt or page from college catalog
- Proof of housing expenses like rent receipt or dorm fees from college catalog.
Before you start the online application please scan and convert to a single PDF file that you will need to attach with your application.
Please use the following file name convention: FEZANA2018_Firstname_Lastname.pdf
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT names of those who are awarded scholarships will be publicly announced and included on FEZANA’s website, FEZANA.ORG; FEZANA JOURNAL and in other communications
THE YOUNG ZOROASTRIAN SOCIETY Estd: August 1, 1920
The East Bombay Bharat Guide Group Silver Jubilee Celebrations (1993 – 2018)
Dear Parents, Well-wishers and Patrons,
The Scouting and Guiding is an International Movement, the object of which is to endow each youth to be physically, morally and spiritually strong. The 71st East Bombay Zoroastrian Bharat Guide Group was founded on 1″ August 1993 as a sister group to The 16th East Bombay Zoroastrian Bharat Scout Group, which was founded on 1 st August 1920. Both the institutions work under the parent body — The Young Zoroastrian Society. These groups are managed by selfless volunteers who serve the movement diligently, to inculcate in Guides and Scouts the values of discipline, character building, and sincere commitment to God and Country and leading socially meaningful lives. Our Children are given all the above training and experience through picnics, educational visits, hikes etc. free of charge and through camps and tours at very nominal cost.
Our Girl Guide Group is completing 25 years and wishes to celebrate its 25th year, as an auspicious occasion by putting up a grand concert on 9th June 2018 at Sophia Bhabha Auditorium, where children will have an opportunity to showcase their talent and build up confidence. For any Institution to survive and run efficiently it needs funds. We therefore, appeal to you, to support our activities and encourage our children and volunteers by
❖ Booking Advertisements for the Souvenir to be brought out at the Show
❖ Giving generous donations
❖ Booking tickets for the show in large numbers
We are sure that you will not hesitate to help us, considering the noble work that our dedicated volunteers do. Thank you, Yours faithfully, For 25 Years Celebrations’ Fund Raising Committee
Ms. Homai A. Daruwalla – President
Ms. Freny A. Jehangir – Chairperson
Ms. Mackie R. Majra – Chief Advisor
C/o Dara Mehta, 2003 Hilla Towers, Lalbaug, Mumbai 400012. 98211 33986
Mackie Majra: © 022 2362 4189, 099208 33179
Jasmine R. Wadia: (6 022 2354 5799, 98331 88504
Mama Parsi Girls Secondary School will be celebrating its 100th birthday on Sunday, April 1.
In 1918, Jamshed Nusserwanjee Metha collected donations to establish the school. Initially the school functioned at the Bai Virbaijee School from where it was shifted in 1919 to a building, Mama Mansion, which stands today at the corner of Haji Abdullah Haroon Road. The construction of the school’s current building started on January 17, 1920 and was completed on January 26, 1925.
Mama Parsi School is considered to be one of the most prestigious and historical schools of Karachi, which has maintained its high standard of education and discipline for a century. The school not only focuses on its curriculum but also offers several extra-curricular activities, including a talent show which is held every year after the mid-term examinations.
Education moot: Use research as tool for societal transformation
The school also retains a house system, which was introduced in 1943. Under this, students are grouped in different groups called houses in order to cultivate teamwork and leadership skills among them.
Over the years, the Mamaians have not just proven themselves in academics but have also performed brilliantly in various sports.
The school also takes students on tours outside Karachi and Pakistan in order to build their knowledge of the world. It has produced many extraordinary educated women who contributed to society in various fields.
Thanks to the generosity of the Shapoorji Pallonji endowment for scholarships in Zoroastrian studies at SOAS there are a number of awards available for UK/EU and Overseas fee-paying students. These Will normally provide a contribution to fees of up to a maximum of £13,000 each year for the duration of the award. In addition, a stipend of up to £10,000 per annum (or pro rata for part-time students) may also be awarded. The MPhil/PhD scholarship is paid for 3 years. The MA is paid for one year (or over two years if part-time). Applicants should follow the following steps:
• STEP 1: Apply for your programme by 17:00 (UK local lime) on 1 May 2018. Applicants must submits a complete online plication for admission. Applicants for the MPhil/ PhD scholarships must have demonstrated in the research proposal of their application for admission that their research is in one of the following subject areas : Avestan language, Pahlavi language Persian language, and Gujarati language.
• STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 17:00 (UK local time) on 1 May 2018. You must apply for this scholarship via this online scholarship application form.
For enquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org