Ingredients for the Cutlets (6-8 cutlets)
300 g Boneless mince lamb
1 med. sized onion finely chopped
2 tsp. Ginger garlic paste
2 green chillies finely chopped
½ tsp. Chilli powder (or to taste)
¼ tsp. Turmeric powder
½ tsp. cumin seed powder
¼ tsp. Garam masala (optional)
Salt to taste
1 med. boiled potato mashed
3 tsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. coriander finely chopped
2 eggs white beaten stiff
2 eggs yolk
Bread crumbs for rolling the cutlets
Oil for shallow frying
Ingredients for Tomato Gravy (for 6-8 cutlets)
3 cups of water
2 to 3” piece of cinnamon
5 pepper corn
1 big beetroot (optional)
1 big onion peeled
4-6 big ripe red tomatoes cut into half
2 tbsp. Oil
1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
1 tsp. chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp Cumin powder
¼ tsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (optional)
1 tbsp. vinegar (to taste- depending on the sourness of tomatoes)
2 tbsp. sugar or Jaggery grated
1 tbsp. corn flour mixed in 3 tbsp.cold water
Salt to taste
One pinch of garam masala for garnish.
Method for Gos Cutlets
- Wash and marinade the minced lamb and apply 2 tsp. Lemon juice and salt, ginger garlic paste and keep it aside for 15 mins.
- In a pan take 1 tsp. oil and put in chopped onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add green chillies, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin seed powder, garam masala powder, salt to taste.
- Add minced lamb to this mixture, stir and remove from fire.
- To the mashed potato, add coriander and lemon juice
- Now mix together, minced lamb and potato mixture
- Divide the above mixture into small balls and pat it into the desired shape of cutlets
- Coat with breadcrumbs.
- Beat egg whites till stiff, add egg yolks and beat lightly.
- Dip the cutlets in beaten egg and shallow fry in hot oil on medium flame.
- When fried on both the sides, remove the cutlets and drain them on kitchen napkin
- Serve with Tomato Gravy.
Method for Tomato Gravy
- In a pan put in 3 cups of water and add cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and pepper. Bring water to boil.
- Scrub, clean and wash beetroot well and put four cuts keeping the bottom intact.
- Peel onion and cut it into four keeping the end intact add tomatoes, onion and beetroot. Cover and cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Discard Beetroot and whole garam masala.
- Reserve the water.
- Remove skins from the tomatoes and puree with onion in a mixie.
- Heat 2 tabsp. oil in a pan add ginger garlic paste and sauté.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and cummin powder sauté the masala.
- Add tomato pulp, reserved water, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar/jiggery, salt. Stir well and bring to a nice boil.
- Add corn flour mix and stir for 3 to 5 mins.
- Adjust salt/sugar/vinegar for sweet and sour taste.
- Sprinkle little garam masala on top.
Serve hot with Gos na Cutlets.
Look up this and other exciting recipes in the FEZANA Cookbook – Click Here